The Metzler Family

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Our House


We purchased our first house this past May 2005. We are now living in Southern New Jersey. Scott is working at The University of Pennsylvania. I plan on living here forever! I love this town. The girls can walk to school. We can walk to the grocery store, library, post office, downtown, etc. Scott walks to the train and takes it into Philadelphia for work. This is a great town!

It's 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, 2-car garage, swimming pool, on .26 acres. It's great to have the extra bedroom for a guest room/office space. We're slowly getting things done -- I have plans to paint/redecorate most every room. I have plans to paint the livingroom, the guest room, and the master bedroom. I have wallpaper to strip in the downstairs powder room and the upstairs bathroom. I have to strip the wallpaper in Elizabeth's room. Lots of work to do! Scott's already replaced the thermostats with programmable ones and wants to split zones so that we can turn the heat off upstairs during the day. We've also replaced four old/original windows with new ones. Scott put in ceiling fans in Abigail's and Elizabeth's rooms. This house was built in the 1920's with a two-story addition added in the 60's. I love this house!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home