The Metzler Family

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Elizabeth Ann


It's hard to believe my baby is now three years old! She turned three September 19th. When I call Elizabeth "my baby," she says very loudly, "I'm not a baby! I'm a little girl!" She's growing up before my very eyes and much, much too fast!

We've tried all kinds of nicknames for Elizabeth -- "Beth," which Scott didn't like; "Ellie," which never seemed to stick; and now "Liz" or "Lizzie" -- but to all of them she says, "I'm Elizabeth!" Somehow her big sister, Abbie, gets away with "Eliz," but God forbid anyone else try to give her a nickname. Pappy Artley still calls her "Ellie" to which she has a fit and lets him know, "I'm Elizabeth!" She's such a character!

Elizabeth goes to preschool on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday afternoons. She loves it! Her teacher, Mrs. Wiegand, is fabulous, wonderful, a fire-ball of energy! How could Elizabeth NOT love preschool! They play outside on a cool playground with a wooden train, do neat crafts, sing, dance, play with playdough, etc. On Tuesdays and Thursdays she complains that she doesn't get to go to preschool. It wasn't always like that -- the first week or so she cried terribly when I took her. The second time she started screaming as soon as I pulled in the parking lot (she knew we were at preschool). She would beg me, "Mommy, take me home!" Luckily that lasted less than two weeks. Now she loves it and is making friends and learning so much!

Elizabeth loves to play, mostly with dolls, which she makes conversations for. It's hilarious to listen to. She loves playing with Polly Pockets, My Little Ponies, Little People, and Sweet Streets. She spends most of her day in our sunroom, which we painted pink and turned into a playroom for the girls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home